Guides to Churches and Visitors
What do visitors think when they visit your church?
I read this post in Relevant Magazine where a writer leaves the country and returns to America. While back, she visits some churches and addressed some common issues regarding the way Churches treat guests.
Here are the main issues she points out.
- Please don’t set up a visitor welcome center and then not welcome guests when they show up there.
- Wisely pick the people who staff that welcome center.
- Please don’t offer me cheesy gifts for coming to visit your church. Your gifts feel like bribery to me.
- Please talk to me. Don’t give me an inquisitive glance and then just walk away. Don’t forget that visitors don’t know anyone.
- Please include on your website what to expect if I come to your church.
- Please don’t force me to fill out a visitor’s card. The truth is that I’m not going to fill out anything until I am sure that your church might be a real option for me.
I believe there is good insight here. Do you agree with anything. Disagree? I’d love to read your comments.
You can read the full article here.