Leaders worth following empower others instead of protecting themselves.
Leaders who protect themselves:
- See others as a means to an end
- Value their own position more than the people they lead
- Do only enough to get by
- Are interested only in how it reflects on their own image
- See good work from others as a threat
- Don’t trust others
Leaders who empower others
- Value their people over their own position
- Trust in the potential of including others
- See teamwork as necessary and not a threat
- Sees the benefits of individual improvement
- Sees the good work of others adds value to the team
- Enable others by trusting them.
What would you add to the lists?