Reflect: This Old Home Series
Since I haven’t been prompt in my journaling/blogging lately, this is more than a weekend reflect, it’s more of a monthly reflect.
We finished a series yesterday called “This Old Home.” We looked into the idea that God wants to build our homes into a display case of His love and grace.
Week 1 | Respect
The foundation of a great home is respect.
Out of respect for Christ, be courteously reverent to one another. Ephesians 5:21 (Mes)
Why is respect in the home a big deal?
- Home is where we learn respect for God.
- Home is where we learn respect for authority.
- Home is where we learn respect for others.
- Home is where we learn respect for ourselves.
Week 2 | Love
1. Love your family by spending time with them. (Ephesians 5:15-16)
2. Love your family by listening to them. (Proverbs 1:5)
3. Love your family by forgiving them. (Colossians 3:13)
4. Love your family by encouraging them. (Ephesians 4:29)
Set a guard over my mouth, O Lord. Keep watch over the door of my lips. Psalm 141:3
Words are like seeds. What we plant will grow.
Week 3 | Honor
Honor begins at home and is to be practiced by all.
Children, obey your parents in the Lord, for this is right. “Honor your father and mother” – which is the first commandment with a promise – “so that it may go well with you and that you may enjoy long life on the earth.” Ephesians 6:1-3
Week 4 | Peace
Jesus wants us to wage peace in our homes.
Better a dry crust with peace and quiet than a house full of feasting, with strife. Proverbs 17:1 (NIV)
We are called to be Peacemakers not Peacekeepers.